How often many of the same people who call for selective enforcement of specific, selective, recognized, so-called rights and freedoms ignore and/or deny reality, needs, and overall public health and safety How many of the rest of society are there? Why has it become a partisan and political position to get vaccinated and wear masks to deal with this terrifying pandemic? Doesn’t it seem like you’re against vaccination? And most of the time our dogs board? With the world facing the worst pandemic in more than his century (and perhaps ever) with so many infections and/or deaths, the same people who called for the economy to reopen are doing this more effectively. Don’t we want to do our part to help you get there faster and faster? With that in mind, this article attempts to briefly examine, research, review, and discuss 6 reasons why vaccination and wearing a mask can make a real difference.
- Protect yourself: Even if you are selfish and don’t care about the health and well-being of others and the greater good, take these steps to protect yourself and reduce the chances of getting sick with this virus. Significantly lower, if so, reduce severity and risk!
- Protect your family, friends and loved ones: Scientists say viruses pose the greatest threat to people whose immune systems are compromised in many ways. Catching or spreading the virus to these individuals could result in a death sentence. It seems like a minor inconvenience as opposed to potential consequences and repercussions!
- Protect our communities: Recently we discovered that most people who are severely infected with this virus have not been vaccinated! Shouldn’t you be doing your part?
- Significantly slowing down COVID: This virus, like many others, often mutates over time given the chance, and the best way to slow this process is to mutate. It is to give no place/host. To go/live is to take public health measures recommended by experts and work together for the greater good.
- Help the elderly/immune-compromised: We will do everything we can to protect and do the elderly and immunocompromised. Aren’t we obligated to do the best we know how to do? Get vaccinations and boosters and wear masks when needed (especially indoors, in crowds and/or high-risk areas, etc.)?
- Help bring us closer to normalcy: Can you claim to be a patriot and complain that you need to get back to normalcy? What are your thoughts on some of the issues, especially when this denial and lack of cooperation is based largely on groundless theories, conspiracy fears, denials, and politics?
America, wake up, wear your mask (if directed), get vaccinated, get your boosters and do your part! Do you want to be part of the solution sooner or later?