Delta Airlines is one of the world’s best and most significant airlines, serving the United States of America and a few international destinations. Just like other airlines, Delta airlines also have some terms and conditions for their refund and cancellation policies which are very important for the people booking Delta airlines flight tickets. There are many policies like Delta Pet Policy, but the refund and cancellation policies are the number one priority to present in the easiest way for the people.
So, let us move into the policies that can help you cancel your flight for some reason and know the best way to initiate a refund of your flight ticket.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Some passengers have to cancel their flight tickets due to some personal reasons. For this type of situation, there are some refund and cancellation policies from the side of Delta airlines that can help the passengers in many ways. Delta Cancellation Policy, like 24-Hour Risk-Free Cancellation schemes, can help the passengers get a total refund.
Hence, let us know in detail about the Delta Refund Policy that can be helpful for you while you cancel your ticket.
* To cancel a non-refundable flight ticket
Some tickets come under the category of non-refundable tickets and deduct some cancellation fees from the flight ticket amount. The refund gets added to the individual’s credit account of Delta airlines, which can be used later for further flight bookings. You can cancel your non-refundable ticket by following the steps:
- First, log into the Delta airlines website and find the details about your flight booking.
- Then, select the scheduled flight ticket you want to cancel.
- After that, click on the option “Need to Cancel” for further procedure.
- Select the “Start Flight Cancellation” option on the new webpage to cancel your ticket.
So, these are some easy steps with the help of which you can cancel your non-refundable ticket with Delta airlines.
* To cancel a refundable ticket
Some people see the criteria and cautiously book a refundable flight ticket for which they can get the entire amount back after cancelling your ticket. But remember to cancel your ticket before the flight takes off, or you can get in trouble.
Let us check the steps to cancel a refundable ticket:
- Again, log in to the Delta airlines website and search for the list of your booked flight
- Then, select the scheduled booked flight you want to cancel
- After selecting the flight, click on “Need to cancel?”
- Select the option “Start Flight Cancellation” and complete your procedure of cancelling your flight ticket
* The 24-Hour Risk-Free Cancellation policy
This policy is only for the candidates who have used the official Delta airlines website and app to book themselves a ticket. This policy gives an advantage that the individual can cancel their flight 24 hours before the flight departure and get the whole amount refunded. This refund policy does not charge any cancellation fee also.
- Log in to the official site or app of Delta airlines and go to the “My Trips” section.
- Then select the scheduled flight you want to cancel and tap on the “Need to Cancel?” option.
- After this, tap on the “Start Flight Cancellation” option and continue cancelling your ticket.
- Then you will receive a full refund from Delta airlines that will be automatically directed to you in the form of payment.
Thus, these are the steps to follow when you have a 24-Hour Risk-Free Cancellation policy flight ticket and get yourself the full refund of the ticket.
Hopefully, now you know the main refund and cancellation policies from Delta airline’s side so that you can be cautious the next time you book a flight for yourself. Try to book your flight ticket from the official site or the Delta airlines app to get refundable flight tickets and 24-Hour Risk-Free cancellation tickets. These can help you get a full refund of your flight ticket after you have cancelled it from the site or the app directly.
So, enjoy your flight and follow the rules properly to avoid the cancellation fees the next time.