How important is the textile? In your house it is ESSENTIAL!
The decoration is essential to your house since it showcases your personality, tastes, and hallmark. That is why today we will give you a series of tips on complementing your decor with different textiles.
Table of Contents
1 The choice of textile at home
2 Types of textiles
3 Colors in textiles
4 Rooms of the house and textile
The choice of textile at home
First of all, the house and the textile have to go together. In addition to choosing the fabric’s colour that matches the rest of your house, you have to see the quality of the fabrics because they have to be durable and rigid. In addition, it has to absorb noise, insulate the cold and maintain the home’s interior heat. The fabrics have to be suitable for each place in the house. They must be easy to wash and resistant to all those problems that can happen, and that is not slippery, in the case of sofas, armchairs and chairs.
Types of textiles
The brocard is a drawn print, ideal for curtains and cushion covers, handmade that offers a greater thickness to the cotton. Madra fabric, a softer cotton, is ideal for table linens. A fabric combined with synthetic material and cotton is false satin, a shiny fabric perfect for complementing the curtains. The chintz gives a floral touch to the room. If you want to remove the light from a room, the ideal is velvet, a reasonably thick fabric that also serves to cover cushions. Vichy is a fabric that does not get wet when in contact with water. This fabric is ideal for the bathroom, especially for the shower. And finally, fabrics based on synthetic fibres are the easiest to wash; they can enhance cotton.
The climate where you are is essential as the function you will give to the fabrics in your home. Using natural fibres such as cotton or linen is the best solution if you live in a warm place. It is a good choice and putting thin curtains to let the air through. And if you live in a cold climate, the best option is velvet and wool. Wool is perfect for thick rugs, blankets and curtains, which helps insulate the house from the cold.
Colours in textiles
Regarding the choice of colour for your home textiles, the colours that are always right are light and relaxing tones and with natural fabrics such as 100% natural cotton, but that will depend on the rest of your home decoration, such as the colour of the walls.
To make a bedroom more personalized and where the fabrics can be used are in the sheets, bedspreads and king-size velvet duvet covers, you always have to put it to your liking, with light and relaxing colours, preferably, to be able to transmit tranquillity to the bedroom for the time to leave to sleep, you can also give it a contrast with colours and patterns in some furniture. Or put light fabrics because the room is rather dark.
Rooms of the house and textile
When changing the appearance of any area of our house, it is essential to know which textiles are suitable for each place. Next, we show you some of the essential textiles for different objects or places:
– Textiles for windows: curtains, Japanese panels and blinds that help regulate the home’s temperature.
– Textiles for the living room: cushions, rugs, blankets, covers for both the sofa and the chairs and the lampshades make the living room look warm and personality.
– Textiles for the dining room: tablecloths, napkins, rugs, and table mats, among many more textiles that you can complement.
– Textiles for the bedroom: quilted bedspreads, quilts and bedding will make your bedroom the most welcoming corner of the house.
– Textiles for the bathroom: towels, bathrobes and rugs to make the bathroom a comfortable and warm place.
– Textiles for the kitchen: aprons and clothes are the small details so that the kitchen has its personality in all its corners. All these textiles are made of different materials and many models and styles. Therefore, you must choose the size, model and texture well since the last one is the most important.
Leave a Reply